A downloadable board game
Factions control the flow of information, and store the most sensitive secrets in siloed, offline servers around the city. You are a street runner; hacking into locations of rival factions for intel. The only way to stay ahead is to keep moving; so hack in and get out.
run/hack is a competitive cyberpunk strategy game for 1-4 players. Defend your servers, upgrade your gear, hack into rival servers; all without being noticed.
Mechanics include dice collection & manipulation, cards, missions, a randomized hex board, area control, and a distinctive action selection grid.
“I would play the s*** out of this game.” - Michael Fox (@idlemichael), after playtesting
“The game is solid. You’ve hit the sweet spot with this.” - Jon Gilmour (@jongilmour)
I’m super excited to see more cyberpunk that is ACTUAL cyberpunk & not white male power fantasy plus neon. - Tony Miller (@beardedrogue)
run/hack is a prototype, and almost all of the non-card artwork is Creative Commons licensed or purchased from various places.
The artwork on the cards is all generated by WOMBO Dream.
Thank you to all these content creators!
- Cover: Sci-fi Helmet by Cinnamine
- Cover: Ergo Proxima by ghostbingo
- Cover: building photo by Victor Rodriguez
- Card templates: Sci-Fi Card Template Bundle by Kodiak Graphics
- Location tile images: A few Cyberpunk Cities by IL.ranch
- Pink runner: Ipomea Project (I took the liberty of tweaking the colour of her headphones, and adding the lines on her face and lights in her eyes).
- Yellow runner: Sanya Ork
- Purple runner: Victor Shevchenko
- Cyan runner: ghostbingo
- Security: Oscar Creativo (body) and Cinnamine (helmet)
- Bounty: Isi.Izzy
- Role - Reclaimer: jah3d
- Role - Coder: Berk Gedik
- Role - Agent: Daniel Ryan
- Role - Hunter: Berk Gedik
- Role - Boss: Siesta
- Role - Black Hat: sc8di
- Role - SecOps: igor.tesV
- Role - Ghost: Idmental
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- run/hack 1.3.7 - jumpstarting the first round26 days ago
- run/hack 1.3.6 - profile and ice60 days ago
- run/hack 1.3 - your mission97 days ago
- run/hack 1.2 - streamlinedFeb 01, 2022
- run/hack v1.1 - hack this wayNov 16, 2021
- run/hack 1.0 - major overhaulOct 07, 2021
- run/hack 0.5: follow actions + new role cardsAug 27, 2021
- run/hack 0.4.1: six new mission cardsApr 17, 2021
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.