If there a printer friendly version...less black?
ExoBase - micro solo base-builder
A downloadable card game
Physical version available on The Game Crafter
You have landed with 3 other specialists on a distant planet; future home of a new civilization. You've barely set up the core of your base when a proximity alarm sounds — an incoming meteorite storm is on course to obliterate your new base! You might just have time to activate the shield generator...
ExoBase is a small-box, solo, card-based worker placement game that challenges you and your team to build a self-sustaining base in the hostile environment of a distant exoplanet.
Shortly after breaking ground, you discover incoming metorites that will pulverize your base in a matter of days if it is not strong enough to sustain a shield generator.
Each round, move founders to different cards to build, upgrade, or work a location. Working a location produces resources which are used to build new locations, or upgrade existing ones in your base.
The goal: build a self-sustaining base that can power the shield generator before the meteorites destroy your new home.
Learn to play in 8 minutes
- 8 pages (4 double-sided sheets; 28 cards)
- 8 coloured pawns for founders: red, yellow, green, blue, orange, purple, black, white.
- 3 six-sided dice (D6)
- 8mm cube tokens:
- 20 yellow
- 25 red
- 8 black
I am working on several scenarios that expand the game through alternate setups and goals. The first one is available below. Enjoy!
In order to download this card game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $2 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- ExoBase Scenario 1: Cut Off and AloneFeb 08, 2023
- ExoBase physical version up to 25% offMay 25, 2022
- ExoBase 1.5.5 - minor tweaksJul 17, 2021
- ExoBase 1.5 - Minor correctionJul 12, 2021
- ExoBase 1.5 - harder, better, faster, strongerJul 12, 2021
- ExoBase 0.6.3 - Improved rules, nicer founder cards, new abilitiesDec 07, 2020
- ExoBase 0.6.1 - small PNP correctionDec 01, 2020
- ExoBase 0.6 - a major updateNov 25, 2020
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I used to have one but it got to be a bit too much to maintain two versions during development. And unfortunately I don't have time to re-make the low-ink version now. Sorry!
looking forward to giving it a try.